Thursday, October 7, 2010

Dress Design For Shabby Apple Dresses!

My friend, Michelle, just told me about Shabby Apple on Monday and said I should check them out. I did, and on their website I found a contest for a dress design! So I hurriedly summoned my artistic skills and came up with this, my dress design for Shabby Apple dresses. If I win, my design will be featured in their spring collection! How cool would that be?!



Since it's a dress for spring I thought to myself, what is the first thing I want to put on after a cold and dreary winter full of dark, heavy clothes? Something light, flowery, and feminine! So that's exactly what I drew. I thought of a garden blooming in springtime and chose my favourite colours: pink and purple, and to make it ultra-feminine I added a sweetheart neckline, a bow, and some lace:)


Fabrics:
-body of the dress= floral silk. Cream background with lavender and dusty rose flora.
-upper bodice= cream lace
-waisband= dusty rose bridal satin
-covered buttons on the back= lavender silk


Details:
-bateau neckline
-cap sleeves
-mock sweetheart neckline
-scoop neckline in the back
-piping along sleeve, neck, and mock sweetheart neckline
-zipper back with mock covered buttons
-half-bow waistband
-skirt cut on bias so it hugs hips without constricting movement
-slit in back for comfort and movement


Well, I hope I win. Wish me luck!!

5 comments:

  1. I love that website...and I love your design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it! i would totally wear your dress. i hope you win too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SWEET! I've never heard of that site before but I'm loving it a lot too!!
    Can't wait to vote for your dress! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck good luck! I really like it. You should win. End of story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Emme. It's absolutely beautiful! I hope you win!!! You're so talented.

    ReplyDelete