Saturday, October 16, 2010

Lace It Up

In the previous post, I mention my M-I-L's "fat clothes" closet and this is another orphan that I adopted from that closet. I absolutely adore the material that it's made of and envisioned a pencil skirt.

I simply chopped off the arms and shoulders then sewed the sides together tapering them at the top so it sits on my hips. It's a knit material so I don't even need an elastic or a zipper or anything, I just hemmed it!

I sewed the front together and left a slit at the end then turned the skirt around so it's in the back.
(I can't believe I'm actually posting a picture of my derriere on here.
Proof that I need to work out!!)


2 comments:

  1. You are possibly the coolest girl ever! You've got such a knack for style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so awesome! i never would've thought you could make a skirt from a top! you have such an amazing eye!!

    ReplyDelete